Donor Advised Funds
A Personal Approach to Giving
If you want to be highly involved when you make a charitable gift and also want the flexibility of supporting broad range charities, a donor advised fund at The Greater Cincinnati Foundation could be a solution for you. Donor advised funds are a convenient, versatile tool that many individuals and organizations use to effectively plan and manage charitable gifts.
Flexibility with Donor Advised Funds
When you establish a donor advised fund at GCF, you can:
- Support your charities of choice throughout the country. Any public charity in the United States can receive grants from a GCF donor advised fund.
- Suggest multi-year grants that pay out on a regular schedule – or plan your grants to help charities when they need it most. You suggest the timing. GCF will manage the details.
- Give to annual campaigns such as United Way of Greater Cincinnati and ArtsWave.
- Donate stock, real estate, or partnership interests, as well as cash. Your investment portfolio is unique, therefore your giving options should allow maximum flexibility. GCF is equipped to handle complex gifts.
- Involve your children or grandchildren – and potentially generations to come. A GCF donor advised fund can become a family affair involving multiple generations of advisors.
- Safely access fund information and make grant suggestions online to make your contributions efficient and quick. We also accept suggestions by fax or mail.
More about Donor Advised Funds
If you have questions on how to start or manage a GCF donor advised fund, download our frequently asked questions [PDF].
Interested in a Private Foundation?
When considering your charitable giving options, you may be look at setting up a private foundation versus a donor advised fund. Items to consider when making your decision would be your anticipated level of involvement, the varying income tax deductions available, start-up costs and administrative requirements.
Find out more about donor advised funds versus private foundations [PDF]