The Carnegie brings the arts to Northern Kentucky schools
Help The Carnegie provide more arts workshops and residencies directly to local classrooms.
Each in-school program is designed to allow students the opportunity to create, perform and respond. They focus on combining the elements of dance, drama or visual arts with non-arts curriculum in order to strengthen creativity, problem solving, perseverance, communication and pride.
Teachers can select the programs for their students.
“I love how the instructors were so positive with the kids!” said a teacher who recently participated in the program. “They brought excitement into the classroom while they taught science curriculum, teamwork and performance. Love, love the program!”
Goals of the programs:
- Create an atmosphere where students can take creative risks and practice decision making.
- Reinforce positive behavior by developing an atmosphere of teamwork, respect and pride.
- Reinforce core curriculum with engaging, hands-on experiences.
- Positively impact students standardized test scores in the covered areas.
- Enhance the desire to learn and make an impact on the community.
- Document the program with photos and/or video.
How can you help?
Provide arts programming for $100 per contact hour to Northern Kentucky students.