Step 1: Know Your Giving Style
With more than 1.5 million nonprofit organizations registered in the U.S., it’s no surprise that your email and snail mail boxes are full of requests for support.
Which Cause to Support?
To get started, ask these 3 questions:
- Do you review the donations you make to charities on an annual basis?
- Why do you support these charities?
- How do these charities align with your values?
3 Ways to Discover Your Charitable Passion
- Define what’s most important to you by completing the Values and Issues Inventory [PDF].
- Identify your interests, influencers, motivations and aspirations for your charitable giving with the Questions for Consideration [PDF].
- Use photos to identify your interests. Tip: The Picture Your Legacy app (free on Apple App Store) from 21/64, will help you envision your legacy.
If you are interested in exploring these tools with a staff member of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation, contact a member of the Giving Strategies Team or call 513-241-2880.
Next Step: Involve Your Family