Three Ways to Give Before Year’s End
It may be December, but there is still plenty of time to give before 2020 ends. Below are three opportunities to consider as you plan your end-of-year generosity.
- Check out A Special Gift: Collection of Wishes and help a local nonprofit buy essential items or equipment.
- For the second year, we feature 10 nonprofits with simple, yet impactful, needs. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on each of these organizations and the people they serve, heightening the urgency of request fulfillment. Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) will match donations 1:1 up to a total of $2,500 for each nonprofit organization’s request.
- Find A Special Gift: Collection of Wishes here.
- Help GCF create a more vibrant and equitable region with a contribution to our Empowering Communities Annual Fund.
- Support of this fund enables us to address priorities in our region, including affordable housing and racial equity. Recently, investment in the fun catalyzed our Racial Equity Matters, presented by bi3, series and convened key players for the Housing Our Future initiative. Your support will fuel our community leadership and strategic initiatives that improve lives today while investing in a brighter tomorrow.
- Help us transform our community here.
- Add to your donor advised fund (DAF) to give alongside GCF on grants that align with your charitable interests.
- Let’s be generous together. Greater Cincinnati Foundation has the knowledge and perspective of our community needs. By adding to your DAF, your support allows us to further catalyze these programs and projects that we believe are moving our community forward. Together, we can make a difference.
- Manage and contribute to your DAF by logging into Giving Connection or by calling your Philanthropic Advisor at 513-241-2880.
It’s not too late to create a win-win: help your community and enjoy benefits at tax time. Make sure you’re up-to-speed on the new rules and incentives for charitable giving this year thanks to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. (Remember, bunching also remains a viable strategy to maximize your giving power.) We’ve compiled everything you need to know about the CARES Act and how it can enhance your giving plans here.