More about A Conversation With...
In 2012, The Women’s Fund of The Greater Cincinnati Foundation created a signature event to celebrate Women’s History Month. We invited a female history maker to speak in an intimate setting – where she could share her journey, her triumphs and her obstacles with our supporters.
Our Past Speakers:
- In 2018, it was a stellar evening with Dr. Mae Jemison. See photo highlights that #aMAEzing night here!
- In 2017, retired American soccer player, coach, two-time Olympic gold medalist and FIFA Women's World Cup champion, Abby Wambach shared insights from her struggles both on and off the field.
- In 2016, Cokie Roberts joined us to share her wisdom gained from being an NPR correspondent, political commentator, award-winning broadcaster, and best-selling author. "Investing in women and girls keeps a country out of poverty," she said at our event. See photos from this inspiring event on Flickr!
- In 2015, we welcomed Lisa Ling to share her experience as a groundbreaking journalist and a human rights advocate.
- In 2014, we welcomed Sen. Olympia Snowe to share her experience as the first woman to serve in both chambers of her state’s legislature as well as both chambers of the United States Congress.
- In 2013, we welcomed Phyllis S. Sewell (video) – the first female Senior Vice President of Federated (now Macy's), the first female executive officer of a Fortune 500 company in Cincinnati and a veteran of many corporate boards.
- For our first year in 2012, we invited Marian Spencer, civil rights activist who fought to desegregate Coney Island and went on to become the first African-American woman to serve on Cincinnati’s City Council.