Racial Equity Matters
Greater Cincinnati Foundation is committed to conversations about racial equity that build connections and move us forward with enhanced insights and shared purpose. To help advance that imperative goal, GCF will offer a series of education events, conducted by the Racial Equity Institute (REI), to focus on understanding and addressing the root causes of racism.
Begin your training with the half-day Groundwater session before moving on to the two-day Phase 1 session — both of which will be offered periodically throughout the year. For those who have completed Groundwater, and preferably Phase 1 as well, GCF is offering Impact Circles periodically throughout the year. For Racial Equity Matters alumni who have taken Phase 1 more than once, please consider Phase 2 or the Latino Challenge.
- The Groundwater session is an introduction to racial equity that uses stories and data to illustrate the structural and cross-sector nature of racism. The Groundwater session is a necessary introduction to the other workshops.
- The Phase 1 workshop is a two-day training that provides talking points, historical factors and an organizational definition of racism.
- The Phase 2 workshop is a two-day training for those who have participated in Groundwater and the Phase 1 Workshop several times. This workshop is ideal for emerging racial equity leaders and may help you turn the lens inward and identify your own struggles and challenges.
- The Latino Challenges workshop is a two-day training and is ideal for people living and/or working in Latino communities who are interested in ending racial disparities in our institutions and working together for social justice.
- Impact Circles are intimate groups for Racial Equity Matters alumni to continue the conversation around race and equity and discuss ways this knowledge can impact your life and your work. We will offer several targeted sessions for neighborhoods, organizations and sectors around the Cincinnati area.
Director, Racial Justice Fund
Please look for registration to open a month in advance of the workshop date.
|January 25||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Groundwater|
|February 10 & 11||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|March 8 & 9||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|March 28||2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Impact Circle|
|April 19 & 20||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|May 18||Sold Out||9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Groundwater|
|May 25 & 26||Register Today!||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|June 15 & 16||Register Today!||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|July 27 & 28||Register Today!||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Phase 1|
|August 16||Register Today!||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Groundwater|
|September 27 & 28||Register Today!||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Both Days)||Latino Challenges|
|October 18 & 19||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Phase 1|
|December 7||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Groundwater|
Jill Miller, President of Bethesda Inc.
"I believe that if we really are going to take advantage of this moment in time to create real change that is needed, it has to start with the hearts and minds and you have to start with you."
Thank You to our Sponsors
Sponsorship opportunities are now available. Please join us in catalyzing a movement, educating the community and making Cincinnati a more vibrant place to live.
|Fifth Third Private Bank||Ohio National Financial Services|
Colleen McCarthy Blair
Sr. Director, Donor Services
2021 Community Impact Report
We are excited to share with you our Racial Equity Matters Community Impact Report. In this piece we’ve lifted up past participants’ personal thoughts and insights of the series. As always, we welcome your input and will continue to do this important work moving forward.
We are stronger together.
Common Questions About Racial Equity Matters Series
Registered individuals receive a confirmation email and reminders leading up to the date(s) of the session. If you’d like to double check, please contact email@example.com.
Due to the incredible response to these trainings, we are not accepting transfers of registration. We ask that you inform us should your availability change by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cancellation will allow someone else to participate.
The cost for these events has been heavily subsidized in 2022, and are $25 for Groundwater and $75 for Phase 1, this is thanks to the generous sponsors affiliated with Greater Cincinnati Foundation. If this cost represents a hardship for you please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We can accommodate large requests by either assigning seats across multiple sessions or advising groups to contact REI directly to host their own session. Generally, we allow up to 10 people from a single organization in each Groundwater and 5 people from a single organization in each Phase 1. Contact Michael Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Thank you for your interest in supporting this important work. There is an option to give at the bottom of the registration page. Additionally, we welcome individuals and organizations interested in sponsoring specific dates or the full series. Contact Colleen McCarthy Blair at email@example.com to explore a partnership.