Spotting Opportunity: Moving Your Client’s Commercial Fund to GCF
Although a donor advised fund (DAF) can be established through a national financial institution, Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) offers its DAF holders much broader services, more personal attention and deeper connections to the nonprofits whose work is essential to effecting positive community change.
We would be happy to talk with you and your client about the ease and benefits of moving the donor advised fund to GCF.
GCF offers DAF holders the same tax and administrative benefits as a commercial gift fund, including:
- Online access to view balances, contributions and grants through our online giving platform, Giving Connection.
- A simple process for requesting grants to favorite charities.
- Streamlined tax reporting, even when the fund is used to support dozens of individual charities throughout the year.
- All back-office administration, tax receipts, recordkeeping and other requirements for the fund’s 501(c)(3) status.
- Favorable tax-deductibility of contributions to the fund.
Unlike standard commercial gift funds, though, GCF offers high-level, customized services to its fund holders, including:
- Concierge-level service by knowledgeable staff to structure estate gifts to charities and accept gifts of appreciated stock or complex assets such as real estate or closely held stock.
- In-house experts who have a finger on the pulse of community needs, the strengths of specific nonprofits and how to structure grant making for the highest possible community benefit.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other donors who care about similar issues and forums to tap into local and national subject matter experts, such as co-investing or giving circles.
- Family philanthropy strategies that work across generations to create a cohesive charitable vision, for now and the future.
- Corporate giving services through GCF for Business that foster a well-rounded and holistic approach to philanthropy, creating community impact while enhancing company brand and bottom lines.
- Staff members who live in the community they serve and often personally know the leaders of grantee organizations, regularly hearing about their needs first-hand.
At GCF, assets receive the attention they deserve as your clients strive to make a difference in the causes they care about the most, while building a vibrant and equitable region for all. Ready to share more information with your client? Check out “The GCF Difference” by clicking the button below!